UPDATE: It turns out this was an issue with JomSocial Registration Redirector, found at http://www.joomlaxi.com/products/free-products/jom-social-registration-redirector.html and NOT JomSocial. The original article is preserved below...
I've been having "fun" assisting in maintaining a site using JomSocial, and recently ran across an interesting issue. The search engine friendly URLs created for JomSocial by JRoute were not being created properly for links under the Profile tab: changeAvatar, editDetails, etc. All of these links would just redirect to the Profile page. After fiddling around with the settings, ensuring the component was up to date, and double checking the .htaccess, I reasoned that it must be a bug in the router.php. After slogging through the code, I managed to find a fix.
There are some instances where it's desirable to load Joomla! modules outside the context of the site template - in a template override, inside a component, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to use the jdoc:include tags outside the template itself. In order to load a module position using PHP, use the following snippet:
If you've ever had the need to load the Joomla! framework inside an external, non-Joomla! PHP script (say, when using Jumi), you can use this handy script to load the necessary files to allow you to use Joomla! classes in your PHP script.
I want to send my apologies to all the users that had their orders delayed due to some weirdness involving PayPal's IPN notifications. Apparently, PayPal was sending IPN notifications from an IP address that VirtueMart couldn't resolve as belonging to PayPal, and was rejecting the IPN notice as fraud. The notice I received from VirtueMart was:
Error code 506. Possible fraud. Error with REMOTE IP ADDRESS = 220.127.116.11.
Recently, a client of mine had an issue - they wanted the "Wall" application of JomSocial moved above the "Latest Activity" section, but wanted the rest of the applications to remain where they were. Looking into it, I discovered a post on the JomSocial forums addressing this very item, and the response from Azrul was basically, "we'll see what we can do." Taking it upon myself, I managed to move the wall...
I am once again proud to announce another release of JMyLife! This release includes some important security fixes, all of which were discovered by yours truly and have yet to find their way into the wild, and all of which require a VERY specific set of configuration options to be set in conjunction with one another (and all but one reside within the administrator interface, so if you can't trust your admins...). Regardless, all users are urged to upgrade immediately!
Along with bug fixes, this release brings with it two new helper modules for Pro users!
After making many of you wait, I have finally released JMyLife 1.0.9! This release brings with it a slew of new features, as well as some new helper extensions!
It's been a while since I've posted, so I figured I'd drop an update for those following. I spent all last week doing jQuery work out of town, but now that I'm back I've been working hard on the next release of JMyLife!
JMyLife 1.0.8 is available for immediate release, and all users are urged to upgrade immediately. This release fixes a minor security issue discovered by yours truly this morning, and as such I've pushed this release as timely as possible. Other changes include:
With little fanfare, I've gone ahead and released JMyLife 1.0.7. This is primarily a bugfix release, and offers little in the way of new features.
I have to apologize for the quick succession of releases, but I don't like leaving bugs when I have a fix tested and ready.