Friday, 10 September 2010 19:25

Over the Labor Day weekend I managed to upload and execute arbitrary PHP code on the Joomla! Extensions Directory. That site has been patched, but the patch is not yet publicly available. As soon as it is, I'll post the dirty details of the exploit I used to hack extensions.joomla.org!

Also, please note that I was given permission to do so and nothing of any value was harmed!

extensions.joomla.org - Hacked by jdc

UPDATE: THE JED HAS BEEN PATCHED AND IS NO LONGER VULNERABLE! This was confirmed patched BEFORE this was posted, and WAS NOT EXPLOITED PREVIOUSLY! Nothing was harmed and nothing is at risk!

Last Updated on Friday, 10 September 2010 20:47
 

Add your comment

Your name:
Comment:
  The word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces.
Word verification:

The Joomla!® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. Jeff Channell is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla!® Project.

Santorum
Joomla Extensions