Thursday, 24 September 2009 18:24

While working on a Joomla! site lately, I had an interesting issue arise. None of my scripts or CSS styles would load on a Joomla site installed on a subdomain. Luckily I was able to solve this quickly.

As it turns out, I had RewriteEngine turned on for the main domain and no .htaccess set for the new site. I ended up solving my problem by renaming the htaccess.txt from the new Joomla! install to .htaccess, then editing that and setting RewriteEngine to "Off". Problem solved.

 

Add your comment

Your name:
Comment:
  The word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces.
Word verification:

The Joomla!® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. Jeff Channell is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla!® Project.

Santorum
Joomla Extensions