Sunday, 02 August 2009 21:03
Textpattern 4.0.8, a PHP based CMS, has a unique approach to allowing user styled input: Textile. This BBCode-type markup allows users to easily style comments. It is also vulnerable to XSS.
A few caveats:
- no spaces
- no parentheses
- no tags ( <> )
- submission is only possible after the first preview
FF3 (limited, but redirection is possible):
Script execution in IE6/7 (poc - alerts 'XSS' ):
- Vulnerabilities Discovered: 2 August 2009
- Vendor Notified: 2 August 2009
- Vendor Response: ... 2009
- Update Available: ... 2009
- Disclosure: 17 September 2009
Last Updated on Thursday, 30 September 2010 17:39
The Joomla!® name is used under a limited license from Open Source Matters in the United States and other countries. Jeff Channell is not affiliated with or endorsed by Open Source Matters or the Joomla!® Project.